Autumn Harvest Dinner to Benefit Culinary Arts
September 7, 2018
Blackhawk Technical College Culinary Arts Department will host its Annual Autumn Harvest Dinner on Tuesday, October 16 at 5 p.m. at the Buckhorn Supper Club in Milton. The evening highlights the delectable talent of the advanced culinary students and raises funds for the program; including to help supplement the cost of student externships. According to instructor Chef Mark Olson, students have been placed in externships not only in the region but also all over the country and abroad.
Externships are on-the-job learning opportunities which are similar to internships but generally completed over a shorter time frame. Culinary students are required to complete a 52-hour externship over a 3-week time span. Students have completed internships in high profile locations such as Chicago, New York City, Atlanta, Las Vegas, Miami, London and Milan.
Students receive a small stipend to help finance externships. The annual dinner helps finance those awards to make these opportunities possible. The event also includes door prizes and a silent auction.
BTC is very grateful for the gracious support of Chico Pope, owner of The Buckhorn Supper Club and longtime supporter of the BTC Culinary Arts program. Pope opens up his club to BTC students for this event as well as provides wait staff and event support. Named 2018 Restaurateur of the Year by the Wisconsin Restaurant Association, Pope along with his wife Dawn opened the supper club on the beautiful Lake Koshkonong in 1997.
The menu for the event consists of:
- Soup: Wisconsin Wild Mushroom, Fresh Herbs, Swiss Polenta Dumplings
- Salad: Moselle Vinaigrette Dressed Greens, Local Squash, Heirloom Tomatoes, Chicken Chicharrón
- Breads: Vienna Pide and Mason’s Brot, Wisconsin Lemon Dill Butter, Roasted
- Pepper White Bean Spread
- Entrée: Grilled Beef Tenderloin Fillet, Caramelized Garlic Hoisin Demi Glaze, Ebi Katsu Shrimp, Pickled Watermelon Radish, Sesame Braised Baby Bok Choy
- Dessert: Fall Finale Vanilla Cheesecake, Bumble Berry Rhubarb Coulis, Royal Pumpkin Pudding
Tickets for the Annual Autumn Harvest dinner are $90 per person. Proceeds will benefit Culinary Arts Scholarship Fund. The event sells quickly. Get your tickets today by contacting a culinary student or Chef Joe at (608) 757-7696.