Petition for Entry
In order to be eligible to petition this program for entry, you must apply to the college, meet all program-specific eligibility requirements, and attend a Health Sciences petition meeting specific to the program you plan to petition. For more information about the petitioning process, visit the Petition Information page.
Students must have proof of their health insurance coverage.
If your petition into the program has been accepted, you will be required to complete a criminal background check, complete the health requirements, and perform drug testing before starting clinical courses. Wisconsin law requires background checks of persons who provide care for others or have access to people who receive care. This law applies to Blackhawk Technical College Health Sciences Division students. For more information about the background check, view the Criminal Background Check Information (PDF).
In accordance with Wisconsin Caregiver Background law, applicants with a criminal history may be denied placement by clinical affiliates or ineligible for national certification examinations. Applicants with any criminal background are strongly advised to meet with the program faculty and/or program advisor.
- Participate in laboratory observation tour set by Radiography Clinical Coordinator
- Attend program orientation sessions
- Complete physical examination and program health requirements
- A caregiver background check is required for the clinical portion of this program.
- All Radiography Program Core Courses (prefix 526) require petitioning for entry. Please contact the Student Services department to ensure “program ready” status.