WIOA at Central Campus
Wednesday, January 23, 2019
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) covers all of Grant, Green, Iowa, Lafayette, Richland and Rock Counties.
Get started by attending an information session. These are by appointment only. To sign up for an information session, please contact:
- Cyndi Pohl, Career Specialist @ (608) 741-3513
- Wendy Williams, Career Specialist @ (608) 741-3463
- Cotina Dorsey, Career Specialist @ (608) 741-3512
- Sam Larsen, Career Specialist @ (608) 741-3511
What is the WIOA Program?
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) program provides individualized, employment-focused services to jobseekers who meet eligibility and program enrollment requirements.
What Kinds of Services can WIOA Offer you?
- Education and On the Job Training (OJT) opportunities
- Employer perspective feedback
- Interview preparation and skill development
- Job leads
- Recruitment and hiring event information
- Resume development
- Supportive Services
More about Training:
Customers in need of training to find self-sustaining employment may be eligible for WIOA Training Services. Eligibility for training services is determined through the eligibility and assessment process. The primary goal of occupational training is to prepare workers for self-sustaining employment in a demand occupation.
Support services for job search or training may include, but not limited to:
- Transportation assistance (gas vouchers, bus passes)
- Child/dependent care assistance
- Clothing/uniform assistance
- Tools and supplies (for employment; statement from employer required)
An equal opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary Aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. If you need this printed material interpreted to a language you understand or in a different format, or need assistance in using this service, please contact us. Deaf, hearing or speech impaired callers may reach us by the Wisconsin Relay number 711.