BTC to Host Annual Health Fair on Wednesday, April 10, 2019
March 21, 2019
Blackhawk Technical College will host its Annual Health Fair from 10:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 10, 2019 on the Central Campus in Janesville. There will be over 30 informational booths as well as demonstrations, activities and door prizes. The event is free and open to the public.
The event will include free health screenings such as dental screenings, vital sign assessments, blood pressure checks, and cholesterol checks. There will also be information on topics such as dental health, nutrition, breast cancer, medication safety, elder care, domestic violence, and mental health.
“This annual event is a great way for students, staff and the community to learn about the wonderful health and wellness providers and support services in our area,” said Elaine Schultz, BTC Talent Management Specialist and Health Fair Committee Chair.
Students will lead interactive activities such as blood pressure readings (Nursing students), oral health demonstrations (Dental Assistant students), range of motion assessments (Physical Therapy Assistant students), and health eating (Culinary Arts students).
Several community organizations will also be present including:
- ADRC of Rock County
- Alzheimer’s & Dementia Alliance of Wisc.
- Anytime Fitness
- ATI Physical Therapy
- Basics Cooperative
- Beloit Area Community Health Center
- Beloit Domestic Violence Survivor Center
- Beloit Health System
- Beloit Public Health Initiative
- Beloit Regional Hospice
- Centra Family Chiropractic
- City of Janesville – Recreation Division
- Dean Health Plan
- Fair Oaks Rehabilitation & Health Care Ctr.
- Fun 2 Fab Fitness Club
- Janesville Athletic Club
- Janesville Mobilizing 4 Change
- Mercy Health Systems
- Mercy Hospital & Trauma Center
- Paull Chiropractic at Rivers Edge
- Premier Tennis & Fitness
- Rock County Health Department
- Rock University High School
- Sexual Assault Recovery Program
- Tricoci University of Beauty Culture
- Upper Iowa University-Blackhawk Center
- Young Living Essential Oils
- BTC Culinary Arts Program
- BTC Dental Assistant Program
- BTC Nursing Program
- BTC Physical Therapist Assistant Program
Guests are encouraged to bring hygiene items (shampoo, soap, deodorant, diapers, etc.) to benefit the BTC Student Cupboard. In addition, guests will be entered into drawings for door prizes courtesy of participating vendors.
For more information regarding the Annual Health Fair visit Blackhawk.edu or contact Elaine Schultz at (608) 743-4421 or email@example.com.